Tuesday, July 19, 2016

2016 Reads - #77 - 80



With these books, I'm officially over eighty for the year which is b-a-n-a-n-a-s.

Finding Audrey was Sophie Kinsella (of Shopaholic fame)'s take on YA. It focuses on Audrey who has anxiety and how she navigates the world. I really enjoyed the way she wrote about the topic with humor and sensitivity.

Catalyst was okay. Here's the deal - Laurie Halse Anderson wrote Speak. Speak is all kinds of amazing. This book takes place in the same high school. It was an interesting story, but I have to come to terms with the fact that anything this author writes just won't compare, so I have a tricky time evaluating it without thinking about that book, and that's just how it is.

Orphan Train was phenomenal. As a kid, I loved historical fiction, and this took me back there. The really amazing thing about this read is that it went between the past and the present and tied the stories together really well. I didn't know anything about orphan trains, so it was especially interesting. Highly recommend checking this one out to all.

The Last Star was the final book in The Fifth Wave series. The only downside to this read is that the details from the second book weren't as fresh in my mind, so remembering character arcs and such was a little tricky. Down the road, this will probably be a re-read, so I can truly soak it in.