Friday, August 19, 2016

What's Making Me Happy - 8/19

I can assure you that while I haven't been blogging what's making me happy I have actually been happy. It's just been quite the month. Also, the thing that was making me happiest was public knowledge, so I felt weird not sharing.

But now I can!! The happiest news is that Dustin and I bought a house!! We'll be closing three weeks for today, and we are so excited. House hunting was certainly an adventure (absolutely nothing like HGTV), but we're done, and we've found a place to call our home. Packing has begun, and we're looking forward to the future of home ownership.

While I usually blog books in fours, I just have to take a minute to share how great this read was. I had put Liane Moriarty's newest book on hold not too long ago. I had meant to pause my turn at the library because things are busy, but forgot. And then, I nearly opted out of checking out the book. I am glad I did neither of those things because this book is awesome.



This is my third Liane Moriarty (and I'm actually starting my fourth), and she is such an incredible storyteller. I read this book (all 400+ pages of it) in one day because I just had to know what happened. Without revealing all, you realize something has happened, and you don't know what, and she leaves out just enough to make you wonder. 

And finally, there's obviously the Olympics - ALL of the Olympics! It's been a great two weeks, and I've been trying to watch as much as I can. It's also been extra fun because I've been running an Olympics pool. I'm doing miserably, but writing daily recaps has been fun.

Until next week!