Friday, March 17, 2017

What's Making Me Happy - 3/17

Imagine some sentences here about how I haven't done this as regularly as I should. 

Okay, cool.

I've been meaning to tell y'all for weeks how happy I am that my dreams of having a life narrated as if it was a Dateline episode have finally come true:




This week, I happened upon Last Week Tonight with John Oliver. In looking for information about why the heck we had Daylight Savings, I found his video on the topic:



This led my husband and I down a rabbit hole devouring as much of his stuff as we could. It makes sense I've missed this, as I live in a HBO-less world, but this is now for sure one of my go-to sources for a brilliant blend of the facts with a comedic spin.

As y'all may or may not know, I love Home Alone. As we've been debating about what to do with one of our guest bathrooms, I had this idea to make it an homage to the best movie ever made. Here's how it turned out:

Escaped Poster from a Home Alone Collector's Edition Tin,
Fuller is available here, and Look What You Did Your Little Jerk is here.

Buzz, Your Girlfriend, Woof! was part of a wedding gift after
a Battle Plan poster was tragically lost in the mail. #notajoke

The Shower poster is here, and the Filthy Animal piece is here.

This Battle Plan was also in the Home Alone Collector's Tin, then I added some flair with some glitter matting.

Oh, and finally, there's this little thing called the NCAA Tournament going on right now that's always pretty neat.