Friday, February 10, 2017

What's Making Me Happy - 2/10

I'll be honest (because it's my blog, and that's what I do here), I didn't have the greatest day. However, that is all the more reason to take a moment before my weekend kicks off to zone and think about the happiness that was my week.

First off, y'all, Y'ALL, are you watching The Good Place?!?!


I started watching after hearing some banter on a podcast. I'm now through all of the first season (13 episodes), and all I can can do is persuade other people to watch. The show is by Michael Schur (aka he created Parks & Rec aka Mose Schrute), and it's witty and funny and all the things.

The basic premise is that Kristen Bell shows up in heaven where Ted Danson is her "host" of sorts, and she realizes she's not meant to be there. The show just goes from there with so many great twists and turns. Please, please watch. Kthxbai.

Second of all, I have to tell you about these H&M sweatpants. Here's the thing, I love sweatpants more than any other pants. I also really love sweatpants with elastic at the ankles. These sweatpants are super soft, super comfy, and my new favorites. Also, I'd have more pairs, but the mall makes me unhappy, so I've avoided going until I have more patience to endure.

Finally, some of y'all may remember a few months back when I was momentarily famous when one of my all-time favorite podcasts (Awesome Etiquette!) answered my question about neighbor etiquette around a car that had been parked in the street. If you'd like to hear what they said, go here, and listen starting around 22:30. Unfortunately, we never met/even had an interaction with our neighbors to address the situation as Lizzie and Dan suggested. Instead, I've just been angry every time I backed out of my driveway for the last five months. However, this week, the CAR FINALLY MOVED! Dustin was so excited when it happened that he ran back inside to tell me as he headed off to the gym. I've also found myself backing out especially far because I finally can! Oh, and I sort of promised my family we'd have them over for dinner when/if it ever moved. Well, it did, so last night we had a good ol' fashioned brinner. Although as my friend Kristen mentioned, our neighbors probably should have hosted given all the grief we've been through.

So, that's where I'm at this week. What's making you happy?