Thursday, October 12, 2017

Hitting the Reset Button

Y'all, I'm in my MID THIRTIES. How did that even happen?!? I mean, I know how it happened, but you know. . . 

Anyway.

I've spent a lot of time reflecting these past few weeks. Originally, I thought I was going to write some capstone piece about my 34th year. Well, I didn't. And now, I'm three days into 35, and I'm going to put together some assorted thoughts.

Here's the thing - I had too many expectations for 34. I tried to write the story instead of just letting everything happen. I tried to overplan and overcommit and overdo which let's be real is classic Andrea. Honestly, it took me until my last days of 34 to realize my pattern of behavior.

However, the best thing about birthdays (I mean, after cake and presents and the birthday love from friends and family) is the chance to start anew. It's the chance to hit that reset button.

Image result for reset gif

Note: I contemplated using the analogy of "blowing on the cartridge on this game called life," so there's that. . . 

I don't really have much to share with y'all beyond this. I could tell you I'll try to blog more, and that's maybe true. I'd like it to be, but at the same time, I'm tired of overthinking this space, then not blogging, then feeling bad, then ghosting my own space.

So, here's to 35. What will be will be. . .