Thursday, July 28, 2022

All Good People HereAll Good People Here by Ashley Flowers
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Borrowing/adapting heavily from the JonBenet Ramsey case, this is the story of Margot, a journalist returning to her small town to care for her ailing uncle. With her return comes the reminders of the pain of the murder of her childhood best friend January. The murder has remained unsolved, but speculation has always been that January's immediate family played a role. While home, another young girl is murdered, and it seems the case might be related. Margot is re-committed to finding answers to what happened to her friend all these years ago and how this might connect to the present. I'll be honest that while I'm a true crime fan, I've never listened to the author's podcast, so cannot make any connects there. Even without that context, I can see how the author connects to true crime and pulled out some common elements to build a story that will keep you turning pages, doubting motives, and trying to figure out what really happened. Thanks to NetGalley for the look at this August 2022 release.

View all my reviews