Thursday, July 28, 2022

The Words We KeepThe Words We Keep by Erin Stewart
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is a raw and emotional and honest look at mental health struggles. Lily is still processing the night she found her sister Alice trying to harm herself in the bathroom. Alice was sent to get help, and in her absence, Lily is trying to keep things together at school and at home. A new kid shows up who knows Alice and has a connection with Lily. Lily could use a friend, but she's also still working through her stuff. This book really shows the complexities of mental health struggle, the impacts others feel, and the ways people navigate and cope. It's so well done and elicited so many feels in me as I read. I'm so glad there are books like this out there that show the realities of mental illness. Thanks to NetGalley for the look at this release from April 2022!

View all my reviews