Wednesday, December 7, 2016

On Writing

I've wanted to be a writer my whole life. In fact, here's one of my earliest books, The Pony Who Only Had Three Legs.


My childhood journals and When I Grow Up prompts are full of my wants to be an author. In the last twenty years, I've found other "things" that interest and inspire me, but words have already remained in my heart. 

Earlier this year, I bought this notebook.


In it, I've started writing random ideas, words of wisdom and other assorted nuggets that I want to use for something that I just haven't figured out yet. Although as I've made my random notes, I have realized one thing - I must write more. 

Today, I purchased a domain for my blog and made a facebook page. A $12 investment and the courage to ask people to "Please like me" isn't much, but it's a step in doing more. I'm not expecting fame and/or fortune by putting pen to paper (or phlanges to paper since I'm typing?), but in investing more, I'm giving myself permission and a needed push.

After all, I sure do love words, and now I can use them even more.