Wednesday, December 28, 2016

2016 Reads - #121 - 124

With the sun setting on 2016, I squeezed in four more reads to set a new reading record. Here's the last four reads of the year for me!


Feminist Fight Club was by the author of one of my all-time favorite articles - How Not to be Manterrupted in Meetings. The book was in the same vein and offered some really great advice for how to navigate the workforce. I would note that some of the tips were things I already do/have figured out along the way, so that was good affirmation to keep on keeping on. Also, Twentysomething Andrea (who didn't always have it figured out) would have adore this read.

Talking As Fast As I Can is Lauren Graham's memoir. It was predictably wonderful. For the Gilmore Girls fans in the crowd, there's lots of GG talk both OG and revival stuff. For the Parenthood crew, there's not much on that experience - Not bad, just a note. To me, the lines between Lauren and Lorelei are often blurred, and the book was very much in that tone. It's a quick read and a worthwhile one.

A Tragic Kind of Wonderful was an advance reading copy I received. It's a YA book focused on a main character navigating bipolar disorder. I don't know that I've read many (any) books with a character who had this experience, so it was interesting in that regard. From a mental health perspective, it was well done, especially because it showed a variety of reactions from various characters.

Blogging for Creatives was a really helpful read about blogging. While blogging seems pretty intuitive, this was informative on ways to really engage readers and build out content. Looking toward 2017, there's definitely ways I'm planning on using some of the ideas in here.

And with that, #2016Reads is a wrap. Stay tuned for some new and exciting things for #2017Reads!