Friday, January 13, 2017

What's Making Me Happy - 1/13

Due to travel, this is the first What's Making Me Happy of 2017, and there are lots of things to be celebrated.

First, I finally watched Parks & Rec!


I'm really not sure why I never got into this one because it's amazing. One of my friends even told me I reminded her of "all the best parts of Leslie Knope," and she thought the show and I were a perfect fit. Spoiler Alert - We are.

There was so much that was great about watching - The characters (Jerry Gergich was my favorite), the relationships (that brought me to tears so many times), and just all the things. Honestly, I'm bummed it's over and ready to watch again.



Once P&R was done, I needed a new show. And I decided on *drumroll* CHEERS! Cheers premiered the year I was born (in fact, it was just eleven days before I was born), so it's been around (literally) my whole life. I'm halfway through the first season, and so far, it's even better than I anticipated.

I also leave for Texas in one week. I'm going to be there for a conference, then Dustin is coming down to explore with me. While I've been in and out for a few trips, this is the first time I've have extended time there since I was a resident. I'm also going to be back in College Station for the first time since I left almost six years ago. I. Cannot. Wait.