Tuesday, April 18, 2017

April Reads So Far

Note: I'm putting these out a little early only because I can't get my next Blogging for Books title until I post about my last fix. And in case you haven't figured it out, I need my next fix. So, here's what the month's looked like in pages up to now.



A Grown Up Kind of Pretty is actually a book that's been around since two book sales ago. I'm not sure why I didn't get around to reading it until now. It was a good book, and the story kept me interested enough. My only qualm was that the book took place in both the present and the past, and you kind of had to figure out for yourself where it was. 

Go Set A Watchman was okay. I haven't read To Kill A Mockingbird since high school, so I am not really a fangirl who can offer any sort of comparison. I feel like what needs to be said about the book has already been said by people who are not me, particularly about the plot. I will say Harper Lee is a fantastic writer, and this book was a reminder of how she has a gift with words.

BeDADitudes: 8 Ways To Be An Awesome Dad was an ARC I received from the publisher. It's weird to read a book about being a dad when you're not a dad. However, this was a good piece on family and faith. There some really great reflection questions, and it allowed me to think on my own  relationship(s) in a different and needed way.

The Power of Meaning was good, but honestly, it wasn't what I thought it would be. I was hoping for more tangible reflections for me on how I could find more meaning. The book did have some great stories and research to illustrate the ideas of meaning that I enjoyed. The book is subtitled "crafting a life that matters," and I finished reading not having any ideas how to do the crafting, but having a better idea of what makes up mattering. P.S. This book was provided to me courtesy of Blogging for Books in exchange for this review right here.