Thursday, April 6, 2017

#WUT - A Book Review


I stayed up late finishing this read, and now I'm wide awake. So what else is there to do, but post a review. Okay, cool. . . Here we go.

This is a book built on family secrets interweaving the past and the present. The twist is not knowing what the common threads are, but knowing there must be something. The suspense in this story is then trying to figure out what the heck that something might be and how it has impacted the characters both now and then. In other words, STUFF WENT DOWN Y'ALL.

Admittedly, I'm still trying to process how I feel about this book, and if someone else checks this out, please let me know. The tragedy of the family is emotional and intense, and all the things. Also, I would offer a content warning for a central theme of abuse. It's tricky to mention because it's part of the secrets (however not enough info here to also warrant a spoiler alert), but I don't want anyone to pick this one up not knowing what lies within the pages.

Oh, and I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.