Wednesday, May 25, 2016

2016 Reads - #53 - 56


Wedding Night is/was a predictable Sophie Kinsella. She writes a certain kind of way, and this book was in that vein. I actually was concerned for a bit that this book was going to go a whole different, terrible direction, but it didn't. It's a good light read perfect for summer.

One Hundred Demons is a book I read in college. It's phenomenal. It's got some incredible quotes in with the drawings. It's one I highly, highly, HIGHLY recommend to everyone.

Tina's Mouth: An Existential Comic Diary was a book I found at the library and was intrigued. As part of a high school assignment, Tina has to write letters to Sartre (the existential philosopher). Through the comic, she talks about the ups and downs of high school as an Indian American teenager. It was so, so fantastic, and another I would highly recommend.

Shoplifter was another random find. It is the perfect comic to describe life and career in your mid-twenties. . . At least it reminded me of my mid-twenties. It's a quick read, and it's just great.

***

P.S. I'm currently going through a graphic novel/comic stint, so expect to see lots of those blogged in the next few weeks.