Friday, May 20, 2016

What's Making Me Happy This Week - 5/20

For this week, there are three things making me especially happy!



I've recently started regularly listening to Lithium on SiriusXM. It's 90s alternative and grunge rock, and y'all, it's incredible. I'm not quite sure why I haven't checked this out before now. It has helped me realize I had surprisingly good taste in music in middle school and high school when I listened to a fair amount of this stuff, and also, it's been great to hear so many of these songs again.


My next happy thing is this cookie jar. You may not be able to discern what this is, so let me tell y'all - IT'S A GIANT STACK OF FIG NEWTONS! I happened to see this gem in a post my cousin had about an upcoming garage sale, and I immediately asked about it. Unbeknownst to me, my dad saw my comment, made a call and had them hold the jar for me. Imagine my surprise yesterday when I walked in my parents' house, and THIS WAS THERE! I don't quite know where I'm going to put it (we're kind of at capacity for our apartment), but I know I'm going to love giving it a home.

And finally, there's this!


WE GOT TO SEE THE WORLD SERIES TROPHY!! My dad and I went to the game on Wednesday, and I made it a top priority to go see this is in all its glory. It still is surreal to think this happen, and I love celebrating it every chance I get! Plus, we got to see a Royals win!