Friday, June 17, 2016

What's Making Me Happy - 6/17

I'd be remiss to write this week and not say that this week has been full of tears and sadness and really terrible things. However, amidst that, there has also been hope and heroes and love. 

And in my little corner of the world, here's what's making me happy this week.


I have quested after a charm bracelet for years, y'all - YEARS. I recently purchased the bracelet from Stella & Dot, then switched a few things from a necklace to charms, as well as added in some old Theta and Royals things. When I won the Mystery Hostess party, I added in a few more charms, and here's the completed product. I still have a few more things I will probably add on/rotate in, but right now, it is just what I dreamed.

This week, I happened upon this letter.


I love this letter for a lot of reasons, but mostly it's because of the timing. That first year as a full-time professional was hard. I was far, far away from home and struggling to find my way as a new professional. I was not prepared for what this transition was going to be like, and in many regards, I didn't feel like I was making much of a difference. And then, I received a copy of this letter. It's hard to think it's been nine years since I started working full-time in higher education, but at the same time, that first year feels light years away. Regardless of the time, I am as thankful for these words from Frank today, as I am for them all those years ago. 

And finally, Dustin and I actually looked at houses this week! We've been online hunting for awhile, but this is the week we went into full House Hunters mode and stepped into properties with our realtor. It was much more fun than I expected, and it's exciting to start thinking about having an actual home to call our own. We're going out again tomorrow, so stay tuned for more developments there!