Friday, March 4, 2022

Life's Messy, Live Happy: Things Don't Have to Be Perfect for You to Be ContentLife's Messy, Live Happy: Things Don't Have to Be Perfect for You to Be Content by Cy Wakeman
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

As I've gotten older and further into my thirties, I've found self-help-ish books aren't always my jam. I get tired of the fluffy quotes and toxic positivity they teem with. Y'all, that is not what this book is, and I'm so grateful for that. This is a book about the realities of life. This book acknowledges that sometimes life can be real tough, but that doesn't mean you can't still get through and find happiness. With that, happiness isn't a generic "thing" rather it's something you have to explore understand for yourself. The section I liked the most was one on the words we choose and how these simple choices can make a world of difference. Overall, this was a spin on navigating life that was authentic and real in a space that can often be anything but this. Thanks to NetGalley for the early look at this March 2022 release!

View all my reviews