Thursday, March 17, 2022

One True LovesOne True Loves by Taylor Jenkins Reid
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is one of those books that I devoured because I needed to know what happened, and it was legit stressing me out not knowing the outcome. The story focuses on Emma who marries her high school sweetheart Jesse. They are both in jobs and live a life full of travel and adventure. Then, Jesse goes missing and is presumed dead from a helicopter crash on their first wedding anniversary. Emma is devastated, and she moves back home. Devastated, Emma moves back home. There she begins running her family's bookstore, and finds love again with Sam who she has known since childhood. She's engaged to be married, and then Jesse is found alive! The story then takes on major Ben/Noel vibes (which is what induced the stress reading) as Emma has to choose between the two men she loves. I will say throughout I had one dude I was definitely rooting hard for, so it was almost a romance suspense novel as I had to read on to see if that's who Emma ultimately chose!

View all my reviews