Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Answers in the PagesAnswers in the Pages by David Levithan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Talk about a timely read! This is an exploration of a book banning from a number of perspectives. First, there is the story of Donovan who is experiencing the banning as a student. Then, there is the story being told in the book. Finally, there is the author's story. This story is especially strong in the parts about Donovan as he tries to understand why this book is being judged and grapples with his own feelings about why this is problematic. I think this is such an important topic for kids to see and explore through books talking to them, and this is so very much that. The multiple storylines were sometimes a bit hard for me to follow and connect with, however reading the author's note at the end, I appreciated why he chose to tell this story in this way! Thanks to NetGalley for the early look at this May 2022 read!

View all my reviews