Wednesday, May 11, 2022

The Miscalculations of Lightning GirlThe Miscalculations of Lightning Girl by Stacy McAnulty
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Well, this was just a delight of a read! The fact that it involved a rescue dog (as the mom of a rescue pup) meant that it was always going to have my heart. This was just a story that oozed so much heart and good feels. The story focuses on Lucy, a math genius, headed to public school for the first time after being homeschooled. Lucy's grandma wants her to survive one year of school and to even make some friends along the way. With a premise like that, you have to root for Lucy! The humans she does connect with are also just such a treat. This one had SUCH heart, and it just got me all up in my feels. There's some sad stuff, too, so know that going in, but the way it's told is just so beautiful and wonderful and clearly this is one I can't stop gushing about!

View all my reviews