Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Between Two Kingdoms: A Memoir of a Life InterruptedBetween Two Kingdoms: A Memoir of a Life Interrupted by Suleika Jaouad
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is an absolutely beautiful, emotional read. I've had this one on my list for awhile, but I finally picked it up after seeing the author and her boyfriend Jon Batiste on CBS Sunday Morning. The way she spoke was so powerful, and I wanted to know more. This memoir focuses on the author being diagnosed with cancer in her early twenties. Just as her life is beginning, things take a drastic turns. She's had to make decisions she never thought she would about her body, her relationships and just life itself. Through it all, she writes and processes and provides a window into what this experience is really like for better or worse. While heavy, this is such a captivating and beautiful look into one's woman trek through a really hard chapter of her life.

View all my reviews