Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Family of LiarsFamily of Liars by E. Lockhart
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I'll be honest that I only kind of remember what happens We Were Liars (mostly I remember the big twist), so while this is a prequel, I didn't really make the connects with WWL. That said, this was also a book that stood on its own. Even without that context, this one was a ride! The premise of this focuses on Caroline, Johnny's mom, telling the ghost of her son stories from her childhood that no one knows. The book's focus is flashbacks to the childhood/teenhood of Caroline and her sisters. As you can imagine, they navigate some tough stuff, and as the story goes, the thrills build and there are some big twists. This is one that kept me reading. I knew something was going to go down with the sisters, and I had to know what it was! Similar to the first book, this one makes you think you know the twist and then it's got an even bigger twist that gets you! Thanks to NetGalley for the early look at this May 2022 and solid page-turning read!

View all my reviews