Friday, February 25, 2022

Friends and StrangersFriends and Strangers by J. Courtney Sullivan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Being swept away by a captivating fiction read was just what I needed this week. I adore the way this author can write characters, and that is what made me devour this one. With this, I won't say I loved the characters (and that also wasn't what the author was going for) - definitely some difficult choices made along the way, however wanting to see how these choices played out is what kept me turning the pages. The story focuses on Elisabeth, a new mom who is navigating life in a new place that she isn't loving, and Sam, the college student babysitter she hires. The story follows their interactions as well as the other relationships they form and maintain. It's really a story about the dynamics in each of these women's lives for better or for worse - and lots of the latter.

View all my reviews