Friday, February 25, 2022

TangerineTangerine by Christine Mangan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Y'all, this was a book where I so badly wanted to insert myself in the story to clarify what was happening for the characters. This thriller is built around an unhealthy and obsessive friendship. What's unique about it is that it's told from the perspective of both friends. This means as the reader you are privy to literally all the things that are happening between Alice and Lucy, including what they each don't know. Alice is in Morocco with her husband when her estranged college friend Lucy shows up. As the story goes, things happen in the present, and it also revealed what happen between the women in the past. Again, you read this from both sides, so you are able to see intent and impact quite clearly. This means this was a book where I audibly said, "Seriously?" and "Wait, what?" on more than one occasion as I kept reading because I needed to know what was going to happen next.

View all my reviews