Friday, February 25, 2022

The Rose CodeThe Rose Code by Kate Quinn
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

First, in full disclosure, I usually don't read books this long. However, the way Kate Quinn writes her fiction, once the action begins, the pages just glide by. This one did take me a bit to get hooked, and once I was, I HAD to know what happened and who was responsible. The story focuses on three women who are quite different, but connected by serving as codebreakers during World War II. They become friends, however there is a second timeline/storyline where the women are no longer close, but have been brought back together. For each of these women, in both the past and present, their story is emotional in a different way as they also do the work of codebreaking. These feels are what drew me in (and kept me in) this one. This is a fascinating story, y'all, but also one that is heartbreaking at time, so definitely read, but be ready for the rollercoaster ride!

View all my reviews