Friday, February 25, 2022

In a Dark, Dark WoodIn a Dark, Dark Wood by Ruth Ware
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Y'all, this one was quite the ride. I read this one in a day (literally) because I was so drawn in how this was all going to play out. The story focuses on Nora who is unexpectedly invited to Clare's hen party (aka bachelorette). The unexpected part is that Nora and Clare haven't connected in a decade. Nora decides she'll go. The story then flashes between the present where something has happened, but it isn't immediately revealed just what that is, and the hen party leading up to whatever IT is. This was just masterfully done. The suspense was in trying to figure out what happened, as well as figuring out why and how relationships got strained. I just needed a good page-turning thriller, and this was so much of that!

View all my reviews