Friday, February 25, 2022

Tomorrow, and Tomorrow, and TomorrowTomorrow, and Tomorrow, and Tomorrow by Gabrielle Zevin
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Y'all, let's talk about this book. It is hauntingly beautiful. It was one of those books I found myself reading as much as I could as I was so drawn into the story, AND it was one I was still thinking about once I turned the last page. I also owe a thanks to NetGalley for putting this on my radar AND giving me early access as I never would have found my way to this one otherwise. So, what's it about? Well, I'm glad you asked. This is the story of two childhood friends who bond over a love of video games. As adults, they go into business together making video games. That said, this is not just a book about video games. It is about the two humans, Sam and Sadie, behind the games. It is about their relationship. It is about how the why behind the games they design. It is about how they handle the reception of their games. It is about how they handle success and sadness and surprise and every emotion in between. It is a beautiful exploration of two people doing what they love with people they love and the challenges that can come with this. I could rave on and on about this one. It's been days since I've finished, and it's still on my mind. Also, I should note I'm not even a gamer, and I would absolutely play all the games they design. Read. This Book. Please.

View all my reviews