Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Big Feelings: How to Be Okay When Things Are Not OkayBig Feelings: How to Be Okay When Things Are Not Okay by Liz Fosslien
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The thing to know about this book is that it's heavy in its emotional content. I mean, my goodness, it's covering seven of the roughest and toughest emotions there are! What I always appreciate about Liz and Mollie is the way in which they approach the emotions of the workplace and world. Their comics always perfectly explain how different scenarios and situations can feel. For this book, these illustrations are perfectly coupled with stories about what it's like to feel and navigate hard emotions and situations. I especially appreciated how honest and raw these explorations were. Rather than going for a surface "feel good" vibe, this book talks about true and real struggle and ways to get through. In a world where things are far from okay, these can be hard topics to take on, but the authors did this in a way that was helpful and digestible!

View all my reviews