Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Yes PleaseYes Please by Amy Poehler
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was another book in my re-read of memoirs I loved in my late twenties/early thirties. The first time around I listened to this as an audiobook, and I will say that adds so much to this one and is definitely my preferred medium. It was still a joy to read through the physical pages of this one. Given this is an older read, I was also reading this around the same time Amy wrote it which made it connect with me in a different way as I re-read, especially the pieces about being a mom. While this is a memoir, it's more so her thoughts on life, love and career through her experiences. It's a collection with a little bit of everything, including some good nuggets of advice and reflection. I enjoyed the chance to revisit, and I'd love to see her build on this based on what she's learned since with a second book!

View all my reviews