Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Carrie Soto Is BackCarrie Soto Is Back by Taylor Jenkins Reid
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Y'all, no one writes character-driven books like Taylor Jenkins Reid. This one is quite different from the first four of her novels that I've read, and that speaks to just what a brilliant author she is. This book focuses on retired tennis star Carrie Soto in the nineties. There is a new star in tennis, and Carrie just isn't ready to let her records go just yet, so she decides to mount a comeback. It's a little weird to read about a woman who is around your age being "old" and coming out of retirement, AND I also could relate with the feeling of trying to figure out where you fit into the world as you grow and age. Again, this author is masterful at writing compelling characters to create stories that just sweep you away, and Carrie (or the "Battle Ax" as she's been known) is so, so much that. I was thrilled to get this one early because I literally could not wait to get my eyes on this story. This is another must-read by Taylor Jenkins Reid. Thanks to NetGalley for the early look at this August 2022 release.

View all my reviews