Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Rush: Memoir of a Gay Sorority GirlRush: Memoir of a Gay Sorority Girl by Kristin Griffith
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was an incredibly honest exploration of what the author's coming out process looked like in college. She reflects back on this experience in the early nineties and layers this with her experience in her sorority. This was especially intriguing for me as we share a sorority affiliation. What I appreciated most about her story was the reflections on how different reactions impacted her, and she notes how hurtful the silence she often encountered was. It's so, so important to share these stories about both college and sorority, and I'm grateful Kristin was willing to revisit and share her experiences to open up conversation in this space!

View all my reviews