Tuesday, June 28, 2022

The Invisible Life of Addie LaRueThe Invisible Life of Addie LaRue by V.E. Schwab
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Wow, y'all, this one was a ride. It was definitely a slow build, and it was one where the build pays off in the end. The last quarter or so of the book was absolutely incredible. That said, the rest of the book is great, too! The story focuses on Addie LaRue who has made a pact to escape the life that is ahead and must live forever. The story then tracks where it all began, what happens along the way, and where she is now in her immortality. It was unlike anything I've read (especially because fantasy isn't always my jam), and I loved the journey of seeing where life took Addie. It was just so beautifully told, and it's one I'm still thinking about even a week after finishing it. I'm glad it's a book club selection because I have much to discuss!

View all my reviews