Tuesday, June 28, 2022

The Diamond EyeThe Diamond Eye by Kate Quinn
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Once again, Kate Quinn is a master in the historical fiction game. What I especially appreciate about her books is that she tells stories about women in history I never knew and brings attention to their incredible tales of strength and perseverance. This story focuses on Mila Pavlichenko. As the story starts, she's a young mother, and then with the German invasion of Russia, she joins the fight literally. Mila becomes one of the most skilled snipers for the Russians. Mila then finds herself in America where the Russians are trying to build support for their cause. She even connects with Eleanor Roosevelt! Ultimately, Mila has a key role in stopping a happening that literally would've changed the course of history. As I read this one, I had to remind myself it was in fact a true story. It was unbelievable this was the first time I'd even heard of Mila, especially knowing the uniqueness of her journey. Thanks to the publisher for the look at this recent release!

View all my reviews